Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Don't Listen To That Negative Voice In Your Head

The question I get the most from family and friends is, "how do you stay so fit after having had two kids?". My answer is a simple one, "I work hard to look the way I do".

I don't diet, I don't take weight-loss pills, and I don't starve myself. My methods are the tried and true ones that continue to be the most effective of any diet I've ever heard or read about, "I eat right and exercise". Period. And though I always consider myself to be a work-in-progress, I know I am a lot further along than I was several years ago, and I'm proud of that fact.

So the advice I give to those who tell me they don't know that they can stick with a program long enough to see the results they'd like is they are their only roadblock.

It's not about being skinny, it's about being healthy, and being healthy is about changing the things about your life that contribute to your feeling bad about yourself—food and all.

The first step is to overcome that voice in your head that keeps saying "you can't" and replace it with the one that you've buried deep in your subconscious. The one that knows "you can".

Go find that voice and let it out. It's time for it to be heard. 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have issues with that negative voice in my head, but interestingly enough not about weight or body issues. I've always been an athlete though.

Regardless, negative thoughts are so incredibly powerful and are a formidable opponent to peace & joy. However, it's always encouraging when other women like you conquer struggles with negativity. Kudos my friend!!