Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Soundcheck: Alicia Keys Is In Constant Evolution

Alicia Keys is one of those artists who seems to constantly evolve. From the debut of her first cd, "Songs in A Minor" up to her most recent release, "The Element of Freedom", you can see her growth. Each new album goes deeper and with that depth comes the undeniable realization that she was never meant to be a one album wonder, but a long-standing member of the R&B/Pop landscape.

I have favorites from each one of her four studio albums, but I always have a tough time picking a song that exemplifies the very essence of has as an artist because she truly has the ability to transcend any category you venture to place her.

So, I've decided to simply take the easy way out and let my iTunes shuffle me into a decision. I'm pretty sure, I won't go wrong leaving this one to chance.

"Wreckless Love" from "As I Am"



"How It Feels To Fly" from "Elements of Freedom"



No comments: